Washington Community Alliance for Self-Help (C.A.S.H.) is a non-profit organization based in Seattle, Washington. We provide the hands-on education, in-depth support, and access to capital needed to launch and grow successful small enterprises.
Office - Before
In this photo, you will see islands of randomness, including this staff member, who is working at a random table in the middle of the office.
Goal - organize the office in a way that creates more storage for supplies, is inviting to guests and is effective and efficient for both clients and staff.
Office - After
Mission Accomplished - this project took a little head scratching, but the end result was awesome!
The West wall was designated Correspondence & Communication (computers, copier, fax and all office supplies).
Everything now has a designated home and the only stack of papers visible in the office, are a stack of flyers for a program being offered by the organization.
Office - After
The entire North wall was designated STORAGE (three file cabinets and a storage closet).
No more loose cords, spare computer parts or manuals laying around!
Also, with the room arranged this way, workshops can be held right in the office.
Hark is the world’s platform for sound bites, where anyone can discover, create, play and share their favorite audio moments anywhere on any device through digital embedding, or via social networks such as Facebook, Twitter or Google+. Founded in 2007 by David Aronchick and Fouad ElNaggar, Hark is ranked as the largest independent entertainment website on the Internet (comScore, 2012).
Hark is headquartered in Seattle, Washington.
Lounge - Before
This area accounted for 1/3 of the suite and was really under utilized.
Hark employees are always hard at work, so having a staff lounge within the suite was ideal.
Creativity and vision were needed to get'er done!
Lounge - After
Seating...check. Organization & Style...check.
Functional & Practical...CHECK!
We even managed to give the printer, wi-fi modem and a few good books, a home in this cozy area.
New Horizons, on the street since 1978, is helping homeless and street involved youth make lasting life changes. The youth they serve face daunting physical, social, emotional, developmental and spiritual challenges. NH endeavors to provide resources, hope, encouragement and support for youth who are beginning their journey away from street life.
Cubicle - Before
The overflowing bins you see on the right, have been accumulating documents for almost six years!
Why are they still there? Who is all this paper really for? We will get to the bottom of this.
Cubicle - Before
To Take Notes or, Not To Take Notes...that really was the question.
We see post-its, a white board and lots of loose paper; can there be a method to this madness?
Cubicle - After
So the truth was, ALL the paper that previously bullied this desktop, was parked as "potentially useful information for others".
We recycled 98% of all the paper, filed the other 2% and left out the necessities that actually made workflow more efficient.
"Free at last!", said the desk.
“I literally started crying. I work with homeless youth and a client I have been working with for over six years said she had never seen my office clean before; I was so embarrassed! My cubicle being clean was a gift to those I honor and serve. People still walk by today and say, “Oh my gosh!”
Nora, Youth Advocate
“I was given office space suggestions based on the natural way I already do things it was a smooth transition and all it took was a little tweak. Over the years, I have tried so many things to get organized. Feelings came up for me, but it was accepted as part of the process. It was safe for me to express my emotions around change and there was no trauma behind it. It was smooth; no big drama.
Brian, Massage Therapist
"Before I opened my new location, I actually had Childcare Resources help me design my layout. I had all the right stuff but we had it in all the wrong places! I knew the changes we made were working by the way the kids played. When the children, my staff and I had less injuries, I knew we did the right thing. No more hitting toes on this or kids bumping into that. Now, everyone is safe."
Pat, Daycare Owner/Provider